The SEC’s climate proposal: where did we wind up with “materiality”?
In this PublicChatter.com blog, Perkins Coie’s Allison Handy digs into what the SEC said in its climate rulemaking about “materiality.” That includes:
– Avoiding the “double materiality” concept
– A focus on line-items rather than principles-based disclosure
– A range of time-period horizons: short, medium and long-term
– Scenario analyses and the resulting forward-looking information
– Disclosure of the actual climate-risk assessment processes
– Materiality of Scope 3 emissions