About the “ESG Professionals Network”
What We Do for You
The “ESG Professionals Network” – also known as the “ESG PN” - is an association for those involved with ESG reporting or board advisory activities in any capacity, at any level. The ESG PN strives to bring like-minded people together in community, supporting and sharing on both a professional and personal level.
Membership is free. You don’t have to do anything to join. Just by consuming the content on this site, you’ve become a member. Congrats!
The ESG PN offers a treasure trove of resources – in a variety of written, video and online event formats – all of which are freely available. If you do want to contribute – to help offset some of our operational costs – you can do that on this “Pay-What-You-Can” page over on Broc’s sister site, ZippyPoint.com.
Broc Romanek is the Executive Director for the ESG Professionals Network. Well, he’s the entire staff. But Broc does rely upon his friends to participate in panel discussions - so you can get the practical guidance you need. So please pay-what-you-can (by contributing to Broc's sister site, ZippyPoint.com). Broc can be reached at email@example.com or via LinkedIn.
Broc also serves as Founder & Editor of Zippy Point.com, a site with over 600 free instructional videos for those in the corporate & securities law and corporate governance community. He's a Strategist for Perkins Coie, for which he just helped launch PublicChatter.com - a practical & conversational site that caters to the same community.
Broc also serves as Editor of RealGoodFresh.com, a mindfulness & wellness site on which he shares practice tips to make you feel good, as well as his own personal journey in these areas.
Until the end of 2019, Broc Romanek was Editor of TheCorporateCounsel.net, CompensationStandards.com, DealLawyers.com and CorporateAffairs.tv. He also served as Editor for these print newsletters: Deal Lawyers and the Corporate Governance Advisor. He was Commissioner of TheCorporateCounsel.net’s “Blue Justice League” and curator of its “Deal Cube Museum.” Here’s one of the blogs that he ran for 17 years as part of that day job (he had six blogs altogether) - and here is his Twitter handle and YouTube channel.
Broc also is an author of these Treatises: Romanek’s “Proxy Season Disclosure Treatise & Reporting Guide”; Romanek’s “In-House Essentials Treatise”; Morrison & Romanek’s “The Corporate Governance Treatise” and Lynn, Borges & Romanek’s “Executive Compensation Disclosure Treatise.” He also is the author of the paperbacks: “Reg FD Tales,” “Section 16 Tales” and “101 Pro Tips – Career Advice for the Ages.”
Broc also served as producer & host of “Big Legal Minds,” a podcast series filled with news & analysis for the corporate & securities law – and corporate governance – community.
Broc is a four-time Chair of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Society of Corporate Governance and served on that Chapter’s board for 20 years. He is a former member of the Society’s National Board of Directors (having served two terms). He also is a Past Chair of the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Corporate & Securities Law Committee and formerly served on the Advisory Council for the SEC Historical Society. He taught a class in corporate governance for the George Mason University Executive MBA program and a Securities Regulation course at George Mason Law School.
Before his time at TheCorporateCounsel.net, Broc was Founder & Editor of RealCorporateLawyer.com. In addition, he has served as Assistant General Counsel at a Fortune 50 company, was in the Office of Chief Counsel of the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, acted as Counselor to former SEC Commissioner Unger and was in private practice.
He frequently writes and speaks about corporate and securities law and he blogged for 17+ years on TheCorporateCounsel.net and RealCorporateLawyer.com (and he had five other blogs as well – not counting the one on this site). He has a BBA from the University of Michigan and a JD from the University of Maryland. Broc is a certified hypnotist. That’s not a fib, he really is a certified hypnotist.
Your Advisory Board
The ESG PN Advisory Board is comprised of these luminaries in the ESG community:
President, Soundboard Governance; Former Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG Center
Partner, WilmerHale; Former SEC Corp Fin Director
Consultant; Retired General Counsel, Norfolk Southern
SVP, Chief Governance Officer & Corporate Secretary, Prudential Financial
Global Co-Chair, ESG, Latham & Watkins
Waheed Hassan, CFA
CEO, ZMH Advisors and Founder of the ESG Engagement Dashboard
Saema Somalya Kaukab
General Counsel, Remitly
Global Head of ESG, Blackstone; Independent Board Member of several companies; and Former Founder & CEO of SASB
Our Mission & Values
- Fostering a community where we work together to be realistic about ESG and try to make the world a better place.
- Elevate the ESG profession by fostering community among its members and network with like-minded people.
- Helping to ensure that companies are striving to do the “right thing” when it comes to developing their strategies, then implementing and reporting on them.
- Facilitating the ability of members to share practical guidance.
- This is a wide-ranging community, from those in-house (including Chief Sustainability Officers, Chief Diversity Officers, Corporate Responsibility Officers, Corporate Secretaries, anyone involved with strategizing, implementation and reporting, at any level) to those serving on the investing and rating side. And of course, the many more of you playing some kind of role to make this world a better place.
- Helping organizations develop their strategies - and report accurately about how they’re implementing them.
- Helping organizations develop a culture that is authentic, genuine, diverse and inclusive.
- “Doing good by doing right.” Avoiding a ‘check the box’ mentality.
- Living in a world full of compassion and understanding, opening our hearts and making the time to take care of ourselves, the community and the planet.