Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using this Web site, any of our blogs or videos or any of our social media channels (“Web site”). By accessing or using our content, including the blogs or videos, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You should review these terms and conditions regularly as they may change at any time at our sole discretion.
If you do not agree to any term or condition, you should not access or otherwise use our sites. The following terms and conditions apply to all of our Web sites, including any Web sites owned, operated or sponsored by any of our subsidiaries or affiliates. "Content" refers to any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on our Web sites.
1. We Are Not Providing Legal Advice (Nor Investment Advice)
The Content of this Site - including all of our blogs or videos - does not convey legal, accounting, tax, career or other professional advice of any kind. Your use of this Site does not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and us, or you and any of our guest speakers (that includes you watching any of our blogs and videos), nor will any information you submit to us via this Site or by electronic mail be considered a lawyer-client communication or otherwise be treated as confidential or privileged.
The Content of this Site - including all of our blogs and videos - concerns topics selected by us for dissemination to the general public, and is offered on a blind basis, without any knowledge as to your industry, identity or specific circumstances. The application and impact of relevant laws will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. There may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in information contained on this Site. The Content of this Site - including all of our blogs and videos - should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
Nothing in this site constitutes investment advice, including our blogs and videos. We provide information for your convenience and information only.
2. We Provide Our Web Site For Your Convenience Only
Our Web site - including all of our blogs and videos - is provided to you without charge as a convenience and for your information only. By merely providing access to our Web site content, we do not warrant or represent that:
- the content is accurate or complete;
- the content is up-to-date or current;
- we have a duty to update any content;
- the content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors;
- the content is free from changes caused by third party; and
- your access to our Web site will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components.
We do not assume any liability for these matters. In other words, you use our Web site - including all of our blogs and videos - at your own risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. This includes loss of data or profit arising out of the use or the inability to use the content of this Web site, even if one of our representatives has been advised of the possibility of your damages.
If your use of our Web site results in your need to service, repair or correct equipment or data, you assume the costs to the extent the law allows. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
3. We Provide Our Web Site "As Is" and Disclaim All Warranties
Our Web site content - including all of our blogs and videos - is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties and merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
4. We Do Not Have Responsibility for Links to Third Party Content
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other Web sites maintained by third parties or may provide third party content on our Web site by framing or other methods. The links to third party Web sites are provided for your convenience and information only.
The content in any linked Web sites is not under our control so we are not responsible for the content, including any further links in a third-party site. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to our Web site, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
5. If We Provide a Link, We Do Not Necessarily Endorse A Third-Party
We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third-party Web site at any time. The fact that we provide a link to a third-party Web site does not mean that we endorse, authorize or sponsor that Web site. It also does not mean that we are affiliated with the third-party Web site's owners or sponsors.
6. If a Third-Party Links to Our Web Site, It is Not An Endorsement
If a third-party links to our Web site, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with us. In most cases, we are not aware that a third party has linked to our Web site.
A Web site that links to our Web site:
- May link to, but not replicate, our content;
- Should not create a browser, border environment or frame our content;
- Should not imply that we are endorsing it or its products;
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with us;
- Should not present false information about our products or services; and
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
7. If You Transmit or Provide Data to Us, It is Non-Confidential
We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Web site. If you transmit to or post on our Web site any material, data, information or idea by any means, it will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by us for any purpose. Personal data provided to us will be handled in accordance with our policies regarding privacy.
You are not authorized to post on or transmit to or from our Web site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other content that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
8. Your Use of Our Web Site is Restricted
Our Web site and its content are owned and operated by us. Our Web site's content is copyrighted and protected by U.S. and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. In addition, our Web site content is protected by trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
No content from www.esgprofessionalsnetwork.com, or any other Web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You also may not, without our permission, "mirror" any material contained on our Web site on any other server. The sole exceptions to these restrictions are:
- you obtain written permission from us to waive these restrictions; or
- you may download one copy of the content on a single computer for informational, non-commercial and personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and do not modify, and will not copy or post, the content on any network computer or broadcast in any media.
Violation of these restrictions will be a violation of one or more laws and is expressly prohibited by law. If you violate these restrictions, you may be subject to civil and criminal penalties. If we grant you permission to waive these restrictions, the permission terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded materials and printed materials.
9. By Providing Content, We Do Not Allow You to Use Our Trademarks
The trademarks, service marks and logos of ESG Professionals Network used and displayed on our Web site are our registered and unregistered trademarks. Nothing on this Web site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our trademarks without our written permission. Requests to use trademarks owned by other companies which may be mentioned on this Web site should be directed to such other companies.
We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights. The name of ESG Professionals Network or our logo may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Web site, without prior written permission. You are not authorized to use our logo as a hyperlink to our Web site unless you obtain our written permission in advance
10. You Must Obey Local Laws in Accessing Our Web Site
This site is controlled by us from our offices within the United States of America. We make no representation that content or materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Access to our Web site content or materials from jurisdictions where such access is illegal or prohibited. If you choose to access this site from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. We are not responsible for any law violations.
You may not use or export the materials in this site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claims relating to our Web site and its content and materials shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between us for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties' obligations shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court in Virginia.
11. You are Bound by Changes in this Agreement's Terms and Conditions
We may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. By using our Web site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then current Web Site User Agreement and Disclaimers to which you are bound. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by other legal notices or terms located on parts of our Web site
12. You Agree to Indemnify Us for Using Our Web Site
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ESG Professionals Network, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to us from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
13. How This Agreement May Be Terminated
This Agreement may be terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason; provided that you may no longer use our Web site after you have terminated this Agreement. Certain provisions of this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. We may assign our rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
15. Privacy Notice
We take our data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information as a result of your use of our web sites.
You might find external links to third-party websites on our website. This privacy notice only applies to personal data collected on this website and does not apply to your use of a third-party site. We have no influence or control over linked third-party websites and your use of other sites is at your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
What Personal Information We Collect and When and Why We Use It
|In this section you can find out more about:
When we collect information:
We collect information about you if you register with or use one of our website(s).
We will collect your personal information via the following methods:
- By recording details you provide to us - e.g. in responding to an opportunity to attend one of our events, subscribe to our blog and your communications with us through emails or calls, and/or
- By observing your use of our services and our website.
Our website uses a tracking technology known as “cookies.” These cookies may collect demographic and interest information, which may result in seeing certain interest based information on other websites.
Categories of Personal Information we collect and use if you use our websites
|Category of Personal Information||Further information about the category|
|Contact information||Names, addresses (including address history), email address, telephone numbers|
|Employment information||Employment status, employment history, education history CV, information about security clearance, where necessary, your current salary, and other personal information submitted by job applicants|
|IP Address and Technical Details||IP address of the computer/personal device that you use to access our website(s), approximate location information from where you access our website(s) and information about your device and browser|
|Health Information||Information relating to infectious diseases such as symptoms, recent diagnoses and relevant travel history|
How we use personal information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect to:
- fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, and conducting reference or other employment-related checks;
- evaluate potential suppliers and subcontractors and manage our relationships with them;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.