Top 10 ESG surveys, reports & resources
Hats off to Thara TK for this useful list of resources numbered in this list:
A very useful list to add to your sustainability repository – 2023 for quick and frequent reference. Except for bibles such as GHG protocol, others belong to a live list and get replaced with the latest as and when available. (Not in any specific order of priority):
1. World Economic Forum – Global Risk Report 2023
2. UN Emission Gap Report 2022 – Yearly review of the difference between where greenhouse emissions are predicted to be in 2030 and where they should be to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. (Summarizes updates after COP 27)
3. COP15: UN Biodiversity Agreement
4. KPMG’s Sustainability Reporting Trends 2022
5. PWC’s Global Investor Survey – ESG Execution Gap 2022
6. Deloitte’s Sustainability Action Report: 2022 Survey findings on ESG disclosure and preparedness
7. MSCI’s ESG and Climate Trends to watch for 2023
8. IPCC 6th Amendment Report – The climate change go-to bible until the next Amendment Report comes out. Assesses the impacts of climate change, looking at ecosystems, biodiversity, and human communities at global and regional levels. It also reviews vulnerabilities and the capacities and limits of the natural world and human societies to adapt to climate change.
9. GHG Protocol – The go-to bible for GHG Emissions for corporates
10. Sustainable Development Report 2022: Annual assessment of progress of all UN Member States towards the Sustainable Development Goals – By Cambridge University, Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). The SDSN website also hosts an interactive map of the assessment report
Needless to say, all the reporting frameworks will make it to the bible list by default.