A good ESG primer for beginners
– For those new to ESG, a transcript of a panel with four professors is helpful.
This transcript of a roundtable with four professors does a great job of describing the basics of ESG – and even digs a little deeper. It’s an easy read because it’s conversational. The panel covers:
A. The Basics of ESG
- Why do we need ESG Investing?
- Why is ESG relevant now?
- Academic evidence and estimation issues
B. Does ESG work?
- – Exclusion lists and engagement
- – The impact on returns
C. ESG in Practice
- Is the push for ESG coming more from clients or asset managers?
- The role of asset managers
- ESG data
- Do academics have a role in setting the standard on data?